Saturday 29 August 2009

A Goshdarn Good Excuse

Despite the title of this post, the content of it does not contain a Goshdarn good excuse for either the lack of videos or the starving children around the world.

However, what it does contain is some good news.

It made my heart shrivel up just as it should have done months ago when I beheld two comments on the Goshdarn YouTube channel, which read:

'Months! It's been two friggin' months! When's your next parole hearing?' - Tiednbound

'Post more videooooosss' - Magicpauly

Now I'll be the first to admit that the latter does not contain as cryptic a message as the former, and whilst the former does not contain that cryptic a message, I feel that it shall need explaining nonetheless.

For - apparently - two months, Goshdarn has been on an as yet unjustified hiatus, with few videos in the works, and little public appearances. However, all is about to change.

As I write this, Sam is on holiday in ... Argh ... He told me, but I now can't remember.

Anyway, he is either still in the mystery location, intent of flying back within days, or he is already on the plane home. I don't know which, because I don't actually know where he's gone or when he'll be back, but he left two weeks ago, and school is starting soon, so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Anyway, when he gets back, Goshdarn will be kickstarting once more, with at least one new video, and with several being filmed and edited for your enjoyment.

Although there will unfortunately be no Series 3, we have decided to engage in the act of what we have started to call 'splurging', which is what we used to do - release a video frequently, but pretty much whenever we felt like it.

This will hopefully continue for many years to come, and although I myself will be going to University next year, the Goshdarn train shouldn't be held up too much by that, because this is too big a part of my life.

So there you have it. A done deal.

Now if I can just find out when Sam gets back from Euralaysia... Or wherever.

-Tom

3 comments:

Keith said...

Well I doubt anyone mind's getting their fix via "Splurging" as opposed to a Series delivered by the 'skin of the teeth." :) Good news. I have exhausted every Brian Regan video out there and now just rummaging through the humourless void.

By the way, where did you go on holiday recently?

Keith said...

p.s. i.e. Sam's absence. Have you checked the shed?

Fernando said...

Euralaysia, hahaha! I thought it only existed in an Orwell's novel...

Thanks for this post, Tom.

xxx

PS. University? Hey, tell me more about it, please.